Targeted Students: Communications Studies, Public Relations, and Journalism
We are seeking an undergraduate student intern interested in careers in communication studies, public relations, and journalism to assist with communicating and marketing our program and farm to prospective and current students, alumni, industry partners, and the community at large.
- Identification, planning and distribution of content that promotes the WVU Equine Studies brand on our social media platforms.
- Provide live story coverage of selected events.
- Review and update the program website quarterly to keep content fresh and in brand.
- Coordinates closely with equine studies faculty and Davis College Communications Manager.
- General knowledge of the equine and agricultural industries.
- Advanced knowledge of and experience using social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and others.
- Demonstrated proficiency in organizing and prioritizing multiple tasks and projects.
- Intrinsically motivated.
- Excellent communications skills.
This is a semester-long internship opportunity with the opportunity to renew for up to one year at the discretion of the faculty mentor in equine studies. To apply, please send a one-page professional resume that addresses your ability to meet the responsibilities and desired qualifications by December 1st to Crystal.Smith@mail.wvu.edu.